Adventure Nomad

Adventure Nomad

Friday, July 13, 2007

RAW Rules!


It’s been about 3 months since I started shooting RAW, 6 weeks since I started using Abobe Lightroom. I’m now convinced that RAW is the way to go. Lightroom 1.1 has been instrumental in my conversion to RAW. It is a simple, powerful application that allows me to do almost everything I want – crop and straighten, adjust saturation, tones, curves, highlight and shadow recovery, noise reduction and sharpening. Best of all, it doesn’t harm the original RAW files, meaning it is non-destructive. It reminds me a lot of Apple’s brilliantly simple iPhoto, only it can do more, do it faster, and uses less memory. If you are not shooting RAW because it is too complicated, you should give Lightroom a try.

Top Photo: Don't You Just Love Golden Retreivers?
Taken with a Nikon D200, Sigma 50-150mm, shot in RAW and processed solely with Adobe Lightroom 1.1

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too have been making the move over to RAW/Lightroom; well halfway at present.
But now I'm thinking about DNG instead of RAW?

Just when you get one sorted another pops up to confuse

Unknown said...

Lightroom is great! The more I use it, the more I like it. I haven't given DNG much thought. Let me know how it works out for you.